Friday, June 25, 2010

Can a MRI show excessive cerebral fluid ? -

I m starting to suspect I have intracranial hypertension but I really don t want to get a Spinal Tap, I m scared to death of needles but If I have to I WILL DO IT, after all it is for my health. But I was just wondering If there are other tests I can do to see If I have IH? Like an MRI?

uh, i think so. but you would have to ask your doctor. An MRI would be given to make sure you didn t have some other cause of increased cranial pressure, and...probably a spinal tap anyway to get cultures for meningitis sorry to say. Then if you have it, they will probably tap you anyway to relieve the pressure temporarily. Im not nearly an expert at this, so go to the doctor and tell him how you feel. good luck

I know that your scared. However, for health reasons, I recommend that you go forth with the Spinal Tap. Speak to your Doctor and ask him if there are any other ways to go about the problem. xx Happy Holidays xx

no only spinal tap this measures the amount of fluid on your brain and spinal cord if not being to nosy what are your symptoms usually people with extra fluid on brain have trouble with equilibrium headaches and nausea

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS