Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What I should I do to eliminate hypertension? -

I donate at the local plasma center and my nurse keeps telling me I have mild hypertension and I m in the 140 s when I should be in the 120s. I don t know what I m doing wrong. My diet isn t too bad. I rarely ever eat any junk food. The only thing I really do is drink soda everyday so that might have something to do with why I have hypertension but I m not completely sure. She told me to exercise, even go for a walk a few times a week. I was wondering what I could do to get my hypertension level down.

Or you might just be nervous giving blood? One reading doesn t hypertension make? Smoking and High Blood Pressure: Kick the Habit -- for Your Heart Did you know that people who smoke are more likely to develop hypertension and heart disease? Blood Pressure and Exercise: A Little Lowers a Lot You don t need to hike miles or work up a daily sweat to lower blood pressure with exercise. The DASH Diet and Hypertension One of the simplest and most effective ways to lower blood pressure is to eat a healthy diet and reduce salt Handling Hypertension and Stress Left unmanaged, stress can lead to emotional, psychological, and even physical problems, including coronary artery disease and high blood pressure.

She told you to exercise, and you still don t? If that s too much for you to handle, I don t know if you re going to commit to even more drastic changes. But here it goes: Exercise at least 3 times a week. Eliminate soda. Have your cholesterol level checked. It is probably elevated. Eliminate cholesterol-rich food. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Stop smoking if you smoke. Eliminate salt from your diet. Start cooking salt-fee at home, or use minimal amounts of salt. You will have to give up eating at cafeterias and restaurants cause they all use too much salt.

Fast food is very salty .Salt gives you hypertension

Jogging will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS