Monday, September 27, 2010

Pulmonary Hypertension? -

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. I had a follow up with my cardiologist. So far it is not known if I have PRIMARY, or SECONDARY pulmonary hypertension. I am going tomorrow to have a transesophageal echocardiogram test performed to see if there might be a clot, or a hole in my heart that is causing the PH. My Question is, other than a hole in the heart, or a blood clot somewhere, does anyone know of any other causes that could be considered primary pulmonary hypertension, that could be ruled out/ possibly treated, before I would be Diagnoses as having Secondary PH??? I know I can find out most of this at my appointment. tomorrow, but I am just really nervous and curious as well (not about the procedure, but the outcome). I also wanted to know before-hand so that I can ask the doc questions before I am under sedation for the procedure. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Asthma is well known to cause pulmonary hypertension. Have you ever had any breathing issues? Shortness of breath, a feeling of tightness in your chest, chronic chest colds? If so you may want to ask about the possibility of asthma.

stress could have triggered this

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS