Sunday, September 12, 2010

STAGE 1 HYPERTENSiON? -

recently i was at the grocery store and i was playing around in the pharmacy and i did that blood pressure thing they have there and a number on there was 99 and i looked under that to see what it was and it said 90-99 was stage 1 hypertension and that really scared me ... my mom says people in my family have that and got diabetes my uncle my great grandma ...so it scares me .... but does anyone know exactly what it is... ive searched but id like to hear from people! thanks =) oh and if it matters im 16

Try not to read to much into it. I have high blood pressure and was told by my doctor to NOT go by the machines they have in pharmacies and stores because they are not very accurate. Plus if you have been walking around shopping it is natural for your heart rate to be elevated and therefore could give you a high reading. You are really young to have high blood pressure problems. But if you are nervous, go to your doctor. They will most likely tell you to purchase a blood pressure cuff and take readings 1-2 times a day for a couple of weeks and then come back in. That is how they can tell if you have a problem with hypertension. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS