Friday, February 26, 2010

How does a heart attack happen? -

My father died from a heart attack and the doctor said diabetes and hypertesion caused it. My father has been sick for a very long time.. .he died yesterday, I just wanted to know what happens when you have a heart attack and how does diabetes and hypertension cause it?

Heart attack is another name for what is medically known as a myocardial infarction. The muscle in part of the heart is denied blood and dies. Diabetes and hypertension both have circulatory effects on the body and therefore affect the heart. Both these illnesses also cause the body not to deal with lipids (fats) well and that puts a strain on circulation. I am so sorry for the loss of your father. karen, RN

both these inlesses put a huge strain on the heart which is of course a muscle, what happenes when you have a heart attack is the heart can t take it anymore and it stops pumping blood around the body which causes you to try and breath quicker just causing more strain... I am so sorry for your loss, you must be at your wits end, not sure how else can help but heart attacks are really common with these conditions... sorry again.

I m sorry. I lost a neighbor last Friday from a heart attack while mowing his lawn, he was only 59 and slim! If you have a family history, you need to do research on the internet so you can prevent it from happening to you! I think the key is to eat healthy, moderate regular exercise, don t smoke and have your cholesterol checked regularly. I know this sounds boring to a teen or young adult. But it ll save your life one day. You can abuse yourself..party, drink, eat junk, smoke for only so long...then you start having problems.

My answer would have been the same as the response above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS