Thursday, February 11, 2010

What is the term used to describe elevated blood pressure when standing? -

I thought it was postural hypertension but all definitions describe that its when blood pressure falls when standing... the exact opposite :(

Hi Gabby, postural HYPOTENSION is when the blood pressure suddenly drops if you stand up quickly. High blood is just referred to as primary or secondary HYPERTENSION It doesn t tend to suddenly go up when standing. If blood pressure is high then it is high. But as a guideline anything HYPER is high and anything HYPO is low. Hope this helps. love mel.X

My blood pressure also is elevated when I stand, by 20 pts or more. I ve been having lightheadedness amp; blackouts for months now. In addition, arms amp; legs go to sleep in situations they otherwise shouldn t, like while driving even if only for 20 minutes. Dr is testing for me for ms Report Abuse

I know of no term to describe elevated blood pressure with standing. However, there is the term quot;orthostaticquot; hypotension which means blood pressure lowers when changing positions.

high blood pressure

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS