Thursday, February 11, 2010

Would hypertension meds help me feel better? -

I’ve been having a problem controlling my blood pressure. My reading was 160/84 two weeks ago and my doctor recommended that I get off of oral contraceptives, Zyrtec-D and start eating a low sodium diet to get it down. There is also a family history of hypertension in my family. I took his advice and went to the doctor again on Saturday and the reading was 130/70 which was down significantly from the firs reading. He took it again and it shot up to 150/90 after talking about the possibly of going on hypertension medication if I can’t keep it at that level. I been taking Celexa to help with my stress, but I’m worried about taking hypertension medication at 39. How much of a difference would I feel if I started taking it? Would it relieve the tightness in my chest when I get stressed out? Thanks.

i think it s important to find the cause, but you could trial a beta blocker whilst adjusting - if your bp stays normal while on it,and your body agrees with it you ll feel a lot better.Bp being in a safer range will prevent undue worry. 39 is not an unusual age to be on a bb Chest tightness can be relived by Bp lowering but some beta blockers can make it worse-it s a descision to make with your doc as he/she knows your body as a whole.-a low dose bb can stop the adrenaline surge when stressed out thus it could help the tightness from happening Check for Asthma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS