Sunday, May 23, 2010

Are there any blood pressure medications that are safe to use along with 2700mg (daily) of Lithobid? -

My bp has been higher lately, and everyone older than me in my immediate family has hypertension and takes meds. I m on 2700mg of Lithium Carbonate daily for bipolar, which screws with water and the kidneys in your body. Most BPs seem to have similar side effects.

The most common blood pressure medications to treat hypertension are hydrochlorothiazide, an angiotensin 1 converting enzyme inhibitor such as lisinopril, and a beta blocker such as metoprolol succinate. All of these would be safe with lithium carbonate as none of these would effect the lithium blood level. You state that there is a family history of hypertension but you do not indicate that you have hypertension. Your question may be one of curiosity or you may have neglected to say that you have hypertension. I believe that when you say most BPs seem to have similar side effects you are saying that blood pressure medications have similar side effects. The three blood pressure medications listed above are virtually devoid of side effects. They are among the least expensive, best tolerated, and most efficacious of blood pressure medications. If I may be of further assistance please email me at johnerussomd@jhu.edu. I wish you and your family the very best of health and may God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS