Sunday, May 16, 2010

MRI+hypertension.? -

Hey all, im going in for an MRI at the end of next week. Now, when I was at the Kidney Disease and Hypertension doctor today, I felt confident in what he said, thinking I knew the true meaning of MRI. But evidently I was wrong. Basically Im on my 6th new BP medicine, none are working, and kidneys came back pretty much sound through the ultrasound and the blood/urine tests. So he has ruled that out. My bp averages (wore the 24hrmonitors already) around 180 s/110 s, even on the different medicines. Basically he said he was going to give me an MRI to check me out, but isn t that just checking out muscles? What would this have to do in finding the cause for the BP? I keep going for all these tests, but so far none have found my BP answers yet, and I feel its really taking a toll on my leaking heart valves, and the chest pains keep getting worse weekly. But, my cardiologist wont give me a stress test until my BP lowers a bit for my own saftey.

MRI looks at more than muscles. It looks at different types of tissues and can even look for tissues based on their chemical composition. It s pretty amazing. Sorry your BP is so resistant to change.

MRI looks at a lot more than muscles, in your case I assume that your physician has ordered a MRI or a MRA of you abdomen. The MRI looks at all the solid organs in you abdomen. Weird things can cause hypertension such as adrenal gland tumors and renal artery stenosis. With hypertension that is not responding to medication your doctor wants to make sure that something of that type is causing the problem. There is a link below that talks about the scan and some of the reasons and the second like shows a example of a abdomen scan. I wish you luck with your health, I know it can be a long frustrating process, but the human body is a very complicated machine with many interconnected parts. Keep working with your physician and he will get you figured out. As a MRI technologist I see this as a fairly common exam for a person in your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS