Saturday, May 15, 2010

Regarding hypertension. Can it be lowered without medication.? -

I was feeling dizzy yesterday suddenly since morning, and in the afternoon i went to my doctor. He checked my BP, and it was reading 140/90. I was surprised to see it too high. He said there s no really need to worry about, and has called me after a week for review. And told me that it is too early to tell anything. I am basically 32 yrs old, height is 5 11quot;, and i weigh 202 pounds. I am feeling tense since yesterday after my visit to the doctor. Any suggestions from people of experience amp; knowledge appreciated!

About 6 weeks ago my BP was 135/95. My resting heart rate about 72. I played squash regularly even though I m overweight. I decided that before going to meds, I was going to make some changes. After some research, I followed Dr. Dean Ornish s dietary guidelines. I m 5 10quot; and my BP after six weeks is 121/81, resting heart rate about 55 and I ve gone from 243 lbs to 217 lbs. According to my scale my body fat % went from 40% to 33% I ve cut out nearly all forms of alcohol, caffeine, etc. Note that I followed the more strict version of Dr. Ornish s guidelines and when I get to my goal weight, I ll add back some of foods presently not allowed. I d recommend some form of relaxation techniques or other stress reduction strategies. Finally, I d recommend regular consumption of beet juice. Beet juice has a very positive effect on lowering BP due to its high nitrogen content. I juice it with carrot, ginger, garlic, apple, etc.

that is just the start of high bp don t use salt,lose wt,and exercise alot of people use dash for salt

There are strategies for lowering blood pressure without medications which have been effective depending on your general condition. These foods are green vegetables, cold water fish and foods high in potassium.

A BP of 140/90 requires immediate treatment when once there are complaints like feeling dizzy, giddiness etc. Please consult your doctor immediately for necessary treatment. Hypertension cannot be lowered without medication!

There are many lifestyle changes one can make that might effectively reduce your blood pressure. Reducing excess body weight and quitting smoking are two important ones. Regular exercise and healthy diet are two others. An excellent resource with more information is learn more about the causes and what you can do. You might also want to check your body mass index (BMI) set yourself some weight loss targets. Good luck!

This Patient Guide is written for the loved ones of heart patients who are dealing with the short-term stress that comes with a test, procedure or recent diagnosis of heart disease. It explains why support is so important to a loved one with heart disease. It also offers practical strategies on how to support a loved one while also taking care of yourself.

Hypertension is hard to control without medications, but 1st line of treatment includes 1) exercise 2) proper diet 3) avoid smoking and alcohol If you do this on a daily basis you will see a change. However, it might take 2-6 months If lifestyle change does not reduce your hypertension, you might have to start taking diuretics quot;water pillquot; if it continues to be gt;140/90 mmHg

When I found out that I had high blood pressure my doctor recommended a device that could lower my blood pressure natural, At first it was hard to believe but wow it really works for me! Not to mention how relaxed I have been since I started the breathing exercise. My blood pressure was 210 over 110 my blood pressure dropped down to an amazing 122/74 mmHg, I Love this device and it s all natural check it out at Resperate.com its great and I think that every one has the right to know about it !

This is a borderline level and may well be controlled with significant life style changes as outlined above. Restrict your salt, get into an aerobic walking program and start to lose weight. If it is no higher than this you have a few weeks to see if this works. It sounds like your doctor is giving you good advice. Follow it and don t worry because the more anxiety you have the harder it may be to control your pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS