Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have you ever used a breathing technique for your high blood pressure? -

I m 45 and have started using meds for hypertension (150/89). I hate taking meds for this and would like something more natural. I wondering about using deep breath technique to help lower it. Anyone tried this before? If so did it help?

I know that Deep Breathing causes the heart to beat more slowly therefore it must affect blood pressure. Basically, breath deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth slowly but steadily. I do this every time I have heart palpitations or any chest pain. It helps but it doesn t prevent it from happening. I am on Metoprolol Tartrate for SVT/POTS and for unbalanced blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS