Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hypertension Case Study? -

Before you read this. I just need some people s opinion or answers because I m trying to do a research for my class. I m majoring in nutrition so what anyone can do to help me, I would really appreciate it a lot. Thank you. Heidi and Bob have been married for 40 years. Heidi has been in and out of the hospital in the past year. Last year, she had a heart attack and required a coronary artery bypass. Heidi was told to take the salt shaker off the table at that time. Six months ago, she was diagnosed with hypertension. Now the doctor has told Heidi she has to follow a dash diet. The dietitian has met with Heidi and has given hm the assignment to write down what he eats on a typical day. Heidi s list follow: Breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast, and tomato juice OR instant oatmeal with fruit, coffee with cream Lunch: canned soup and crackers with coffee OR a sandwich of lunch meat with chips and a pickle, coffee with cream Dinner: canned vegetables with butter, ham steak with gravy, potato with sour cream, green salad with dressing, dessert of ice cream or popcorn Heidi also told the dietitian that on Bob s bowling night, she just prepares a frozen dinner in the microwave. 1. What do you know about Heidi s food choices? 2. What are the main topics to teach Heidi about her new diet? Who else needs to learn those topics with her? 3. Re-write a one day diet for Heidi, keeping in mind her food preferences. 4. What cooking tips would help Bob make the new diet appealing as well as healthy?

I have been studying the body and nutrition since the age of 30, I am now 74. I found out I needed to change my eating habits which were making me ill. First I eleminated most red meats, used chicken and fish. To white flour in baking I added raw wheat gern, used raw honey instead of sugar. Did research on vitamins and added that to my eating practice. Within months I started to feel much better. I stayed away from processed foods and ate fresh vegetables. salads and fresh fruit. Did not drink soda or coffee, manly good water and some natural juices. The body needs natural food, not processed which is loaded with salt and preservatives.

Sweetie -- if you are majoring in nutrition, you really need to know this stuff. This is the basics of your field. You have to do your own homework - it is cheating for people to give you the answers. I will give you a bit of advise. Look up what the dash diet is first of all - that is the diet that your patient needs to follow. Second - go to the grocery store and look at what Heidi eats - what is in the canned foods, lunch meat, butter/gravy/sour cream, etc.. and then compare that with what she needs to be eating. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS