Tuesday, January 26, 2010

White coat hypertension? Or high BP? -

I m a commercial pilot amp; so I have to go under frequent medical tests. I am fit in all other physical aspects to perform duties of a pilot except when I am facing this problem of sudden rise in my blood pressure when someone measures it wid the BP instrument. I have gone through certain 24hour ambulatory BP monitoring tests amp; they show a normal graph of 120/80 readings. They say i have quot;white coat hypertension problemquot; how can i get rid of this? I excercise 2-3 times a week. Anything else could help me? please suggest any medications if any. I appreciate your sugestions thanks!

Doctors call that quot;white coat syndromequot; and it is for real...this rise in blood pressure is due to being a first time patient and meeting a new person who happens to be a doctor..this happens even if you have normal BP because your heart senses your anxiousness and that raises your BP...also if you smoke a cigarette right before you go into the docs office to calm your jitters or butterflies your BP will go up immediately...it took me many visits before I finally got use to being in those surroundings..it will go away after you get use to it

white coat hypertension means you get hypertensive when you are about to have your blood pressure done, as the 24 hour test showed you have a normal bp, it means it increases due to the anxiety of being in the doctors and having bp done. therefore you don t need to worry x

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS