Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why do my hypertension medication makes me so sleepy? i take clonidine, cardizem, and HCT? -

I m with you. I m on .3 of clonidone twice a day and Lopressor twice a day. While I am glad not to have the extreme high blood pressure and pulse pounding in my body all the time, I wish I had more energy. But we have to stay on the medication! Not taking it can severely damage the heart--uncontrolled high blood pressure and pulse rates put too much stress on your arteries.

You might want to ask your doctor for another medication than Clonidine! I had very serious side effects with that drug to which others have reported the same results. My doctor switched me to Atenolol and the symptoms disappeared!

it makes you sleepy because it has calming agents in it. p.s. your grammar leaves much to be desired. the correct way to ask this question in english would be: quot;why DOES my hypertension medication MAKE me so sleepy. quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS