Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dr. Robert Atkins had a history of heart attacks, congestive heart failure and hypertension? -

The document, by the Wall Street Journal, was a report of external examination from the chief medical examiner s office in New York, also says that at his death Dr. Atkins weighed 258 pounds. Dr. Atkins died in April last year at age 72 of a head injury from a fall on ice while walking to work. The report attributes the death to a quot;blunt impact injury of head.quot; If he hadn t been so fat and unhealthy (from his own diet) he just might have had better balance and lived a little longer. So this way of eating or way of life might be something to reconsider... ya think?

You just cannot accept the fact that this way of eating is good for you and healthy,can you? It just goes against the grain of what we have been brainwashed to accept. I know exactly why Dr. Atkins died and I know what caused his heart ailment, which he recovered from. He didn t have congestive heart failure. I suggest checking your sources. I have been on the Atkins diet for 4 1/2 years and my cholesterol levels are at enviable levels. My blood pressure is normal and my hypoglycemia is gone. Migraines have vanished along with my itchy skin. My hair is even less gray today than it was 4 years ago. I am not kidding! I am a 50 year old woman. At my age I should worry about osteoporosis which is what the doctors expected to find in recent xrays. Instead , the xrays revealed healthy bone mass. To add to that, I ran a 5K last year. I am not a runner nor do I like doing it. I just wanted to see if I could do it as a low carber. I did a similar race over 10 years ago and walked the entire distance. This time I ran successfully. Instead of carb loading, I protein loaded with a meal of buttered shrimp, steak and turnip greens.I had real homemade , sugarfree, ice cream for dessert, btw. And I ran in a 5K the next day following a breakfast of bacon, eggs and strawberries. Dr. Atkins was successful at his own diet. He was not overweight. I know this because he was on many talk shows just before his death.Why so many talk shows. At this time, the American Heart Association had announced that from their own studies, DA s diet proved to lower cholesterol and blood glucose as well as induce a greater weightloss than their own diet. This was 4 1/2 years ago. This is also the moment that I decided to try Atkins. BTW, low carb dieting has been around for milleniums. Just recently 2 long term studies have been made confirming the safety and health of eating a low carb lifestyle. Which have been featured stories on the news.

It s a case of who doctors the doctor? There are doctors who smoke, even though they know it is bad for them. Doctors are still human like the rest of us with bad habits and imperfections.

Not being an advocate of the Atkin s diet, myself, I think that it s pretty fair to point out that dying at the age of 72 isn t such a bad thing. There are people who sustain blunt impact injury of the head in their early teens and die. Their body type not actually having anything to do with it. Furthermore, there are people who sustain blunt impact injury of the head and live ... brain injured and requiring care from their family or from society at large. I m not sure that this is a better situation. The fact that Atkins died of a head injury is not going to influence my decision about whether to follow his diet or not. I suggest it not influence your decision either.

I ve never believed in the Atkins deit, or most other deits for that matter. Its a way to get famous and make money, and thats what people in America want to do. Personally, I ll stick to my own personal deit plan.

The Smoking Gun has a copy of the coroner s report. The comments in the margin suggest he had significant coronary disease...he was a cardiologist, by the way.

Never having been a fan of the Atkins diet,I must say in all fairness, he never claimed his diet was the quot;magic bullet quot; for heart disease,and I think it a bit disingenuous to criticize him his book and his way of life by using the Medical Examiner s Report.With diets as in life you look at the choices and you take your pick.

I never agreed with the Atkins diet, but it goes to show you how our society thinks. Eating beefy foods, more or less fatty foods. Sounds like he was back by the fast food industry. He obviously was in bad health, and that should be proof positive that his diet is extremely flawed. He didn t die from his diet, he should of. He died from impact to his head. Vegetables and fruits are the best thing for the body, and will loose weight fast and healthy. Exercise everyday and you should live a healthy life. Good Luck

Dr. Atkins heart ailment was VIRAL cardiomyopathy. His DOCUMENTED weight upon admittance to hospital after slipping on the ice and hitting his head on the sidewalk was 195 lbs. He was in a coma for about 10 days, during which time he was on fluids and his organs were shutting down, resulting in bloating which inflated his weight at time of death. The document you are referring to is propaganda disseminated by the Physician s Council for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a front group for the radical animal-rights organization PETA, who obtained Dr. Atkins medical records illegally. I hope when I m 72 I ll still be healthy enough to be walking to work every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS