Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How long will it take for my grandmother to recover from a heart attack that has left her with fluids in lungs -

My grandmother, who is at the age of 75 suffered from a heart attack on Monday. This is the 6th day that she has been in the CCU. Her health is improving, but she has developed an edema in her lungs and she now has a breathing tube through her mouth as well as a ventilator. The doctors are not saying much, but they think the heart attack was caused by atherosclerosis. She has a bit of hypertension and high blood sugar, but she takes all her medication. The doctors have put her on insulin as well to monitor it. A stent has been inserted because of the blocked artery. Does anybody know if she will fully recover or if she will have to live with a ventilator her whole life? This is the 6th day in the CCU so how much longer will it take before they take out her tube? Will the fluid in the lungs come back in the future? And my last question; Will she live through this horrible ordeal? Thanks

6 days is not a long time for her medical conditions. There are ways to treat the fluid around her lungs and heart and yes it could come back. No one can tell you if she will live through this as NONE of us have her complete medical history. But I do hope she does well and they can take her off the ventilator soon an she can go home very soon.

I have congestive heart failure and hypertension. Was hospitalized three years ago. I did need a pacemaker and a stint; however, my doctors say that I am their quot;poster patientquot;. I am 76 years old and most of my pain and immobility is caused by arthritis and a pinched sciatic nerve in my back. These two things cause me to have severe pain but other than that I am great. Just be patient and, hopefully, your grandmother will be fine soon. No one, not even the doctors, can tell when she will recover. She can live through such an ordeal but be sure she keeps her doctors appointments later to check to see if she has any fluid in her lungs. Best of luck to you and your Grandmother!

it sounds like congestive heart failure, when the heart is weak, and can t pump out the fluids..she might have to have an angioplasty to open the blocked artery, which would probably be good, as it would open that up and help her heart beat properly...she will live and they are probably taking really good care of her...be positive when you see her, and let her know you have confidence in the doctors, this is part of her getting better,...and Say your prayers to God and Jesus to watch over her, and I will too xxxx...I pray that she will pull through..don t ever give up hope xx

Sweetie, after everything you have written about your grandmothers condition, I believe the one answer you truly want is the answer to the very last question. I m sorry but regardless of what you read here, no one can give you that answer:( All any of us can do is hope for the best for your family. I wish I could tell you something that would ease your mind and heart, but unfortunately I can t. I do not have the power. It is all in Gods hands. I pray for the best:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS