Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hypertension- Heart rate of 110 bpm upon awakening? -

In the morning I always get a head rush when I get out of bed, I never really thought anything of it until it started getting really bad to the point where I have even passed out/blacked out twice. I have always thought it to be hypertension and i get it every time i stand up; getting a head rush, very light headed, and my vision darkens- nearly going black. I have been taking my heart rate in the morning getting out of bed lately and its been around 110 bpm. Im 17 years old, and Im starting to get a bit frightened that it may be a heart condition or something other than common hypertension, and this heart rate seems to be a bit high for the morning. Im planning on going to a doctor soon but i was just wondering if anyone experiences the same thing or has any ideas. After sitting for long periods of time and standing up quickly it happens for about 15 seconds, its pretty intense.

You know it sounds like to me? Hypotension probably as a result of mild dehydration. When you get up in the morning, your blood pressure is generally lower because you have been resting and haven t been drinking fluids overnight. When you have low blood pressure, your pulse will most often be faster as the heart is working harder to push the blood around your body(to compensate for the lack of quot;pressurequot;). I t doesn t sound like anything serious but I say make sure you are drinking enough water, have a drink of water first thing in the morning and lie in bed for awhile before getting up.

don t self diagnose. This sounds more like hypotension, if anything. The reason you re blacking out is because your blood pressure hasn t adjusted by the time you ve stood up and the blood rushes out of your head until it corrects itself by increasing your blood pressure and probably heart rate.

well I get that sometimes not often though where I sit for hours in one spot then get up and stretch I get a little blackened vision, but that is because blood pressure is adjusting.. However i never got that up awakening.. 110 BPM at age 17 in the morning is not good.

Well....low blood pressure could cause that, more than High...maybe try to monitor it. Also, low blood sugar can cause that. Go to a doctor, let them monitor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS