Monday, July 26, 2010

What does working with a personal trainer entail? -

I am thinking of hiring a personal trainer for diet and exercise help. I have been battling hypertension for a few years now. I recently had a bad exacerbation of HTN a few weeks ago, and put on new blood pressure meds. I am 5 3 120lbs. Weight is not my problem, but I would like a trainer to assist me in a cardiac workout slowly and build up. I have had a full cardiac workup and loads of bloodwork which all came back normal, except cholesterol a little high. ( Heart disease runs in my family...BAD!) Anyway how do personal trainers work? Do they come to your house, or do you usually work at a gym, and they won t overwork me will they? And lastly, about how much do they cost??

If your main goal is to try and work on your heart, you don t need a personal trainer. They are more helpful for weightloss and weigh training. My advice: Bring a mp3 player. Try to walk fast through as many songs as you can. Make sure you see how long you go for. Take your time in adding more time and tension to your workouts when you feel comfortable in one zone. Personal trainers don t all charge the same. Most will charge more to come to your house. You can usually find one at the gym you join. They have you fill out a questionaire about your health so they won t overwork you. They do push you though. The cost varies by where you live (state), how often you want to train with them, what type of accredidation they have, etc.

The advice from the last person is excellent. I also admit with the advent of the iPod, excerise is even easier and less boring with awesome podcasts which change daily with fresh songs or news. There s even daily podcasts which can help guide through excercise. A personal trainer for cardio excercises is a little excessive. Personal trainers are very good for strength training which is also important because strength training will help with tone and muscle health. My advice is to join a gym - a session with a personal trainer is complementary for one session at most places. As for cardio, look to work on low-impact devices like treadmills and ellipticals. Even though street running seems free, the impact on your knees will cost you plenty very quickly. Remember a cardio workout is a minimum of 20 minutes or 2 miles-which ever is longer. Sadly, heart disease and heart attacks occur from atrophy of blood given to the actual heart tissue. From lack of use of the heart pumping in a steady motion, the cardiac tissue ends up dying off slowly. The only way to prevent this is with continuous (20 minutes or 2 miles) cardiac action. A cardiac workout is very much a mind-body thing. You need to look to see you have the stamina to workout that long, make sure your joints and muscles can endure the activity (20 minutes every day of the rest of your life), and the idea of overcoming losing 20 minutes by walking/running on a machine without losing utter boredom - hence the magical iPod.

My field is in fashion, as a result many people ask me how they can slim down. My answer is always the same: good diet and exercise. But I found this great product which I think helps a lot in the process. I recommend you check this website , they have a free trial and you only pay 6.95$ shipping and handling. Good luck!

I m trying to lose weight too and it s sooo hard. My aunt is using a weight loss product and it s really working for her. I m gonna try it and I recommend you try it too. Check their website at , my aunt got a free trial and paid only 6.95$ shipping and handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS