Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My cholesteral is 110. can I still have high blood pressure or hypertension? -

So, your question is a bit like saying can I be blind and still touch something....hahaha.... Sorry....no, good question, but the two really are unrelated...(sort of)...but they (together) will aggravate each other (ie. hypertension + high cholesterol = heart attack!!!!).....simply put though, high blood pressure means other issues for your basic heart health. Essentially, hypertension means that your left ventricle is working hard to get the blood out to your systemic system (body parts, muscles, brain, etc.) and so consequently will, over time, thicken and enlarge to compensate against the quot;backquot; pressure. Sounds good? NO...This is called LVH (Left Ventricular Hypertrophy) and means that your heart is actually pushing out less volume for each beat. This continues (over years and years) to ultimately cause changes in your heart that will lead to CHF (congestive heart failure)..... So, bottom line, while the low cholesterol will mean that your coronary arteries remain open/flexible and functioning well (avoiding a Myocardial Infarction) high blood pressure causes its own set of complications that you should avoid!!! All the best!

Yes, I have low cholestral and also I am working at keeping my bloodpressure down If you think that you have high blood pressure you should by you own cuff and moniter it everyday It s very treatable and you can turn the downward spiral that you body my be on.

Yes my cholesterol is perfect my doctor is always impressed but my blood pressure is high when I saw her on friday my blood pressure was something like 164/86 but yet again we had just gotten my yearly physical blood tests back and they were perfect my cholesterol was low

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS