Sunday, July 11, 2010

When blood pressure is a bit high which side do i lie on? -

when i was pregnant i had hypertension and i was made to lie down on a specific side. i dont remember why. anyway i had a stressful day, and i m feeling out of breath and a twinge in my chest. i m not in pain but i feel anxious. like my blood pressure is up. since i m prone to it, i d thought i d lie down but i feel even more anxious. anyone know what side i m suppose to lie on?? ER wont give medical quot;advicequot; over the phone.(which is a bummer). YES i ll go to a doc tommorrow but need to relax tonite.

Lay any way you are comfortable. THe only reason you were told to take left side lying position was to move the baby off your major arteries. Now, if you aren t pregnant so just lay down and relax. If your hypertension is symptomatic you really need to see a doctor. You have a child to consider. For tonight: No caffeine. No stress. Shut off the telephone. Put on your or a soft bed. Take it easy and see your doctor to make sure your medication is properly adjusted.

i think with high blood presure you need to lay on your right side . i think this makes your heart pump slower

My OBGYN had me lie down on my left side with a pillow between my legs. I had the same problems with my BP during my pregancy and he made me do this when my BP was going up in the hospital. Hope you feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS