Monday, July 26, 2010

How can you lose a lot of weight by drinking water when the water adds weight? -

I really dont understand, how if I can drink 10 glasses a day and have all the water weight on me and then in the morning I have lost weight? Where does the water go, I know I am not getting rid of all that water through urine. I have lost 35 lbs in 2 months because I have intracranial hypertension that damages your optic nerve. You can go blind! I am now fasting for 10 days! Any ideas?

First, drinking a lot of water creates a sense of fullness, thereby reducing the desire to eat. Second, water contains no calories, yet the body burns calories in processing it through the digestive and excretory systems. A person s weight will decrease at night, even though they are asleep. As you exhale, you will breathe out water vapor. I often weigh at night before I go to bed and then again in the morning. I weigh about 2 pounds less in the morning.

The water is filling you up with empty calories. But if you re trying to lose weight, fasting is NOT the way to go. Your body will automatically go into quot;starvation modequot; and you will lose muscle not fat.

Fasting first of all is stupid, if you want to look good. All your going to do is loose muscle tissue. It drives me NUTS that you people think that s what to do. Anyway, your body can hold up to 10-15 lbs of extra weight from water gain. Drinking water helps your body flush and digest food better. That s how it helps loose weight. You said nothing about working out! Maybe that s something you should try! You can work out from a couch if you have to. Fasting is stupid. You don t sound that stupid

When you drink a lot of water, it flushes your system and usually flushes fat. Besides, you loose water weight a lot easier than normal boady fat. It is also lost in sweat, and your muscles take it in to keep hydrated.

I m sorry to hear about your situation. I will say that if you re already losing weight due to illness, fasting probably isn t a good idea. But if you are fasting because of a religious/social belief, then all the power to you. Just remember to be safe! A good way to lose weight is to eat many small meals a day rather than fasting. Also, consuming water helps both flush your system of impurities and aid in losing weight. But one thing s for sure...if you re dehydrated your body is more likely to hold on to any water it can get a hold of. Additionally, large intakes of salty foods can make you bloated (water weight). Good luck to you and your health.

The water is removed quickly by urine.

i ges its cuz ur cells and stuff use it, and through sweat and urine and all of that good stuff. u prolyl lik evaporate some of it too. some prolly makes like new blood and stuff. thats a good question tho. lol

The water flushes out a lot of stuff that would otherwise remain and keep your weight up. The water evaporates, goes out as urine, and goes out in your stool, though if you have been fasting for 10 days, I doubt you have many B.M.s! Good luck and keep it up. I assume that you are under a Dr. s care. Better to go hungry than to go blind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS