Saturday, August 28, 2010

Am I suffering from hypertension? My BP is monitored regularly..? -

Yesterday i visited doctor , when doctor checked the BP it was 180/80 . Doctor told come back tomorrow and we will BP checked again. I have been regularly monitoring BP it around 130/90 or 140/90.Am i suffering from hypertension, i am 28 years male with weight of 85 kg and height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm) . Should I start taking medication or change in lifestlye will bring BP to normal?Please advise

Yes, that s hypertension. A lifestyle change (stopping smoking, losing weight, etc) can reduce blood pressure, but the medication will be much faster. My doctor recommended I take the medication, and work on the life style changes. That way, the medication reduces the BP in the short term, until your lifestyle changes can keep it down, at which point you stop the medication. Of course, that was 4 years ago for me... and I m still on the medication. Damn delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS