Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do you heard about white coat hypertension? -

Yes, I suffer from it. My blood pressure is always normal until I go to the doctor s office and then it shoots through the roof. White coat hypertension basically means that you get so nervous when you go to the doctor that your blood pressure rises into the hypertensive range.

White Coat Syndrome, as it is named, infers anxiety in the patient and results in erroneous vital signs. It is so termed due to the doctor and/or other staff wearing a quot;white coatquot; during their exam. If you purchase a good home BP monitor, you should be able to monitor your vital-signs at home. Some doctors will accept these results. Otherwise, it would be very difficult to get an accurate measure of your blood pressure and heart rate. Cheers!

I have and i suffer from it. I m pregnant right now and every time i go to the doctor my BP is really high. I bought a home monitor and took it with me to my appt yesterday. My monitor matched what they got (about 155/92!). When i got home after work and rechecked my BP it was 122/78. Now that they ve told me I have high BP, it s always in my head so it s always high at the docs office and always normal at home. Damn docs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS