Monday, August 23, 2010

Can a MRI show excessive cerebral fluid ? -

Can a MRI show excessive cerebral fluid ? I m starting to suspect I have intracranial hypertension but I really don t want to get a Spinal Tap, I m scared to death of needles but If I have to I WILL DO IT, after all it is for my health. But I was just wondering If there are other tests I can do to see If I have IH? Like an MRI?

I m pretty sure if you NEEDED a spinal tap you d have it done already!!! Doctors don t let those kinds of things go!!! Are you hypocrite? I am amp; have thought millions of times I needed something I actually don t. A spinal tap is a HUGE deal and a doctor wouldn t give that to you for no reason but at the same time if he thinks you needed one he d have told you already!!!

An MRI would not show that you have fluid build up, but it would show any of the other conditions that cause the same symptoms, so by process of elimination, it can be used to diagnose intracranial hypertension (if you also have the other symptoms caused by this condition). There is diagnostic swelling in the eye that a doc can look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS