Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What does it mean when I have moderately high blood pressure with a low pulse rate? -

I have begun a regular running exercise schedule and have stuck to it for several weeks now. I checked my heart stats at one of those booths you can slide your arm into, and it gave me numbers similar to 130 / 80 which it labeled as pre-hypertension. My pulse rate though was low, something like 53 beats per minute. Is this healthy?

The low pulse means a strong heart, but the 130 means there may be something going on with the arteries, a little stiff perhaps, so the heart has to beat a bit harder than normal pressure, of 115-120. If 45 or older, you need to be concerned with good diet, too. Bad diet and stress can have arteries almost totally blocked while BP and heart rate are near normal. If you make changes as if you already had a heart attack, you ll very likely avoid one entirely. And 50% or so of first heart attacks are ... fatal, so most folks don t get a 2nd chance to change things around.

this link may be of help to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS