Saturday, August 14, 2010

Medical personnel: help with hypertension? -

I can t seem to find an appropriate medication for myself. So far have been on: ace-inhibitor: gave me lupus; calcium blocker: I was allergic; diuretic: did nothing for me; alpha-blocker: caused severe edema in lower extremities; beta-blocker: minimally effective and caused my blood sugar and lipids to skyrocket. Right now I am on Clonidine, which is controlling my blood pressure well, but has caused me to be deeply depressed and lethargic. I am thin and eat a low-calorie, low-carb diet. My doctor was so perplexed that he even checked me for a pheochromocytoma (negative). Is there any other group of medications to try, or have I run the gamut? I m about ready to chuck them all and say to heck with it.

Cut the salt if you haven t already. Potassium: Try to eat around 3000 mgs a day, this can make a huge difference, sometimes within days. The Wal-Mart supplements suck though because they are only 99 mg and can upset your stomach Co Q-10: 200-300 mg a day capsules a day (takes about three months to fully kick in and is expensive, but it does work) Hawthorne Berry supplements: Around 500 mg 3-5 times a day Magnesium supplements Valerian is good for people who have stress/temper related hypertension. I ve literally seen someone combine all of this and their blood pressure go from 149/95 to 117/79 within two weeks. Don t mix anything if you are on medication without talking to the doctoe first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS