Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Can exercise reduce hypertension? -

Getting at least 30 minutes a day of exercise not only helps prevent heart problems, but it should also be a part of the prescription for treating people with high blood pressure, according to a new report. Revised guidelines on exercise and hypertension released today by the American College of Sports Medicine indicate that exercise should be a cornerstone of therapy for the prevention, treatment, and control of high blood pressure, and getting the recommended daily dose may not necessarily require working up a sweat. Good things to do are walking and cycling. Check first with your doctor before you embark on an exercise routine.

yes it can but discuss it with your doctor, what kind of exercise would be most appropriate for u. if u have a serious hypertension some kinds of exercise may not be suitable, like aerobics. exercise helps with the circulation of blood, lowers cholesterol levels, lowers stress etc.

most definately

I must be the only one who gets regular cardio-vascular exercise (lifetime membership at Ballys) and still am on the hypertension drug Diovan. I take my hearbeat all the way upto 160+ during workouts, then do the strength machines, but my BP is still high borderline. I work out every other day, am in great shape, but my BP sucks. I am thinking marriage or a pet would be good for BP, so I am told, but I hate messing with smelly pets, and I ve been a bit too picky in finding a wife.

Yes. It strengthens the cardiovascular system and therefore is more effective at pumping the blood.

Yes. Exercise strengthens the heart and stimulates proper blood flow. The combination helps combat hypertension.

Yes, and will if you do enough of it. Check with your doctor first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS