Friday, April 23, 2010

How long does it take to get the results back from an endometrial biopsy? -

I had an endometrial biopsy 5 days ago. The dr. performed it based on abnormal bleeding for the last 4 years, and the results of a sonogram that indicated unusual thickness in the lining of my uterus as well as a cyst on one of my ovaries. I am 45 years old with two children in college. So no more children for me. I also suffer from extreme hypertension which I take medication for daily. I m not overweight and work out quite often. But I am going crazy right now waiting for the results of this biopsy. Does anyone out there really think that I may have endometrial cancer? I ve never taken birth control pills because of my hypertension. And right now, I m just very frightened. If anyone out there has had a similar experience, I would love to hear from you. Thank you.

First of all, take a deep breath. You are not alone. I have had a couple of these; they came back inconclusive and I had to have a Damp;C (actually had several of those too). It should take about a week. If the doc has not called you back, you call him. I know from experience that waiting is pure torture! The mind can go to all kinds of weird places. Hang in there and be sure when you re-visit your doc that you bring your questions written down. I would also suggest that you bring another person with you when you get your results (assuming you get them in the office). Remember, Endo. cancer is very slow growing and has the most successful rate of cure. But there are other phases before it gets there. Hyperplasia...Complex Hyperplasia, and Complex Hyperplasia with Atypia. (that last one was my dx) I suggest that you also visit a web site called hystersysters.com. I would have never gotten thru my ordeal with out that support from those wonderful ladies. Best wishes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS