Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have white coat hypertension... ? -

I get high blood pressure when I see the doctors. I think this has translated in me getting hypertension at home because when I think of my hypertension, I get this feeling I get in the doctors which where my blood pressure is high. Is something wrong with me? I can t seem to get my mind off it and when I m doing something instead of nothing to do, everything is fine. What do I do? I m scared they will give me medication for something I don t need and will mess me up. And yes, I m overweight. Slightly. But they said it gets higher and higher when I check the doctors. Do I have a problem?

You are making it worse for yourself by thinking so much about it. Stop!

To combat this situation, some doctors let the patient sit for 30 minutes in the room to relax more. If it doesn t improve, the MD may fit you with a device that can record it at home, and when you return he can see the results at home in his office (think: like a glucose monitor device). It s pretty common and nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS