Friday, April 16, 2010

Hypertension? Abdominal pain due to stress? Im worried about my health...? -

I just started a new job this week. It s high stress, but I really like it. But for the last few days, I ve had an abdominal cramp that comes and goes (usually it s barely just there, but it gets worse for a few seconds four or five times an hour.) It feels like the same pain I ve experienced on a hot day, after working too hard in the heat, and then chugging a large amount of cold fluid, resulting in an esophogial cramp. It just hurts a little less, and has lasted a few days... The environment I work in is extremely hot; I spent two hours in a space with an ambient temp. of 119 F. I don t deal well with heat, but I really like this job, so it doesn t bother me too much... To make a long story short, my Pop s said it sounded like quot;hypertension.quot; Either way, some insight into this type of pain would be welcome. Help!! I would like to sleep tonight...

You sound like Ur having a heat stroke...dehydration can cause stomach cramps..Do you drink alot of liquids while at work? Working in that type of temperature is not healthy at all..If I were you I would take a little fan and alot of Ice cold water..Wear your clothing loose ..if you wear your shoes and clothing too snug it causes your body to not be able to quot;breathequot; ...You may like your job...but you re going to end real sick...try and keep cool as much as possible

I hope you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day? And it has to be water, not Pepsi or something. Just water. Hope you feel better!

Check out () there is a lot of great content and information on the subject there. Also the stresseraser is a great product, you can find it at () and there is also a link to it at reducingstress.net.

Yeah, I think your quot;Popsquot; may have a point. But to be sure, I d see a doctor. Try to relax, take a bath with Lavender and Camomile and read a good book. This should help you sleep. I know it works for me.

Upper gastric pain is indeed a sign of hypertension. Other signs may include headache (usually at the base of the skull) blurred vision, red face, and a flushed feeling. Try this next time it happens- drink a glass of water and lay down on your left side. The water will make you pee (which flushes out too much volume) and laying on your left side helps to level out your blood pressure. Start monitoring your blood pressure every morning before getting out of bed for the next 2 weeks, and then take your results to the doc. Hypertension is deadly if left untreated. Your heart is working extra hard to pump blood around, and it could lead to stroke. If your pressure is 140/90 or greater every morning, see a doc ASAP. Good luck!

try to see your doctor this weekend. if nothing is wrong, it is probably just stress. it will be better once you get used to your new job. try taking a bubble bath or a hot shower. that will help you sleep better.

im sure your fine...im a doctor.

No it is not hypertension it is just a symptom of stress I experience it a lot. But mines are to the point where I feel like I am in labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS