Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cardiophobia irrelevant fear panic attacks? -

I wouldn t say im stressed but lately I ve been worrying about blood pressure alot. Im 16 and in good overall health but about a 6 months ago i started having panic attacks about heart attacks because my cholestorol was high. I broke this fear after i got an ekg ecg and circulation test that were all normal. But it started coming back in different Circles. My mom and aunt suffer from high bp my dad does not. I worry about hypertension because of the sinus headaches i get hurt really badly here is my other recent question about it. The reason why im still stuck in this cardiophobia is because i worry that my panic attacks about hypertension will cause it. Weird and irrational i know but lately its been wondering in my mind and if i got info from other panic attack sufferers and there heart health after dealing with these kinds of panic attacks. I have anxiety about getting my bp taken my latest was 138/93 but the school nurse said it possibaly was because the machine wasnt working right and it was making this beeping noise. My heart was beating slighty faster but mostly it was beating harder than if i did 25 jumping jacks. My latest bp from my regular doctor is usually 125/70 Basically Im Worried that these panic attacks are gonna ruin my health. I control them much better than i used to and ride them out by walking when i get them.

Man it sux that you are so young and having to deal with this. You really need to keep a check on your bp. If you do it often then maybe it will lessen the anxiety. Especially if more often than not they are normal. The one from the school nurse is a lil high but the one from your reg dr if great. It is hard to determine if you will have hypertension with some family members having it. I can tell you my father has severe hypertension but my mother does not. I have 7 siblings and I am the only one who suffers from high blood pressure besides my father. I am 32 years old and also over weight. I am trying to watch what I eat, cut back on alot of things, and cut out my salt altogether. As for the panic attacks, that is a extremely scary thing to deal with. I was actually in the hospital 2 weeks ago (due to cardiac problems) and had my first TRUE panic attack. I would not wish that on anyone. Just try to stay calm, and control your emotions and will you feel yourself start stressing, talk long deep breaths, walk, just think about happy thoughts. Remember dont sweat the small things. If it is something you can not control, do not let it get to you. Your overall health is # 1. Just take care of yourself. Good luck

Why not trying to talk to your doctor about Zoloft or that type of drug. Also maybe some Xanax or something when your having an attack. Your totally healthy, but you have it in your mind that your not... this is causing the panic attacks. And they can make you feel as though your really having a heart attack, or cant breath, etc... I take Xanax when I start to feel anxious... I thought I was having a heart attack and like you, my ekg test was normal, as was my blood work. I m only 28... So, the medication helps.

Negative emotions (like sadness, stress, anger, etc.) causes your Serotonin production to be low; when your Serotonin level is low, you are more prone to getting Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, etc. Medication like Antidepressants (SSRI - Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) helps to boost Serotonin level. But there are natural ways to do it without medication. There s this herb called quot;St John s Wortquot; - it is said to be more effective than Prozac. No, it is not for mild depression only and ignore those sayings. In fact, it does help anxiety and panic-attacks as St John s Wort works like prozac. Other natural ways will be exercise, diet, more exposure to light, etc. If you re unable to take St John s Wort, you can substitute it with Siberian Ginseng or Licorice Herb. The problem is that, even if your Serotonin is balanced... you have that quot;learned behaviorquot; in your mind. You need to break that initial cycle to destroy that learned behavior - Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) does this. A technique that you can use without CBT will be Distraction... There are several other techniques to help cope them! Ok, to use Distraction: Firstly, try to.... Extracted from Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS