Monday, March 22, 2010

Does hypertension and/or kidney stone(3.3mm) cause proteinuria? -

Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed to have 3.3mm stone/lithiasis in my lower left kidney calyces. Also my blood pressure varies from 120/90 to 140/90. I m 23 y/o male. Protein in the urine varies from trace to 3+. I m afraid that this leads to glomerulonephritis or end-stage renal failure other than just hypertension or kidney stone. In my case, is it treatable/curable? Please enlighten me. Thank you!!!

Yes, they both do. Treat your hypertension with anti hypertensive drugs your doctor will prescribe you (mine you, your target is a BP below 130/80 so you might not be prescribed any) and a change of lifestyle (no smoking nor drinkng no stress, no added salt in food and no fatty foods, also loose weight if you are too heavy for your height). Also, have your kidney stone zapped. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS