Thursday, March 11, 2010

Does pressure/stress from family members cause hypertension?or is it solely contributed by abusing our heath? -

i m 21.....i find myself under a lot stess and pressure...my parents are always trying to correct me (even for something really small)..always judging me...trying to find mistakes...always pushing me into something...i ve almost lost my self esteem...i m always nervous around them?....ever since i was diagnosed(a yr back)...its only got worse...i know i m extreamely yough to hav been diagnosed with this condition...i m also over weight....but i want to know if social/domestic problems can cause hypertension...?im now under medication..

Believe me, stress can cause your blood pressure to skyrocket. My mother has it, and even though she s on medication, as soon as she is put under stress, her blood pressure goes through the roof. Mine is usually normal, but I still have higher readings when the stress gets to me. When I go to the doctor s office and I m really worried about something, it can be 130/100, but it s normally about 110/70. You need to try talking to a counselor to help build up your self-esteem. Also, exercise will help lower it, especially ones like yoga. Finally, confront your parents. I know what you re going through--I m 44 and my parents have always been hypercritical of everything I do, even now (they turned their backs on me when I joyfully told them I was pregnant, even though I d been married for 3 years at the time and trying for over a year!). As hard as it is to face up to them, they have to know what they re doing to your health when they treat you the way they do.

Absolutely! When your BP goes up, you need to try to relax, lock yourself up in your room and just sit there and breathe slowly for a couple of minutes. You will see a drop in your BP. And don t let anyone put you down, take care of yourself, things will either get better or you will be move on, so don t bring yourself down. Your parents may also be under stress, they are probably worried about you. Maybe you should try to talk to them and tell them that if they want you to be better somehow, they need to let you be. Do you still live with them? Do you go to school? Do you work? What can you do to improve the situation? think about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS