Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hypertension and birth control pills? -

I have been on birth control pills for 15 yrs, I am now 30. Recently I developed hypertension. How long after I stop taking the pill should my bp return to normal (if the birth control is the reason its been high)?

From personal experience, the hypertension may or may not be due to taking BC pills. My blood pressure was also elevated and, after talking to my doctor, and stopping the pill, my blood pressure did not begin to lower until I started exercising regularly. When I decided to stop the pill, I started monitoring my blood pressure regularly at home, using an Omron machine to give me accurate readings. After 30 days, there was still no change, but when I started regular cardio exercise, my numbers started to decrease. Writing the readings down was really helpful because it allowed me to see a pattern in the days after stopping the pill. It also gives you information to take back to your doctor to determine if your BP is elevated due to the pill or something else. Good luck to you!

You need to stop taking birth control pills now and never take them again. You just increased your risk for a stroke. The birth control pills are not causing the hypertension. The hypertension connected with the birth control (and smoking) make you high risk for a stroke.

As soon as the last pill you took is out of your system. 24 hours. I highly doubt if you took them for 15 years that they are the cause of your hypertension.

I would think 1 to 3 months... after your hormones balance out.

birth control and your age is why your blood pressure is high,get off BC and try new form of BC

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS