Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What is considered high blood pressure for a 19 year old? -

When I was at school, my university doctor diagnosed me with high blood pressure. I took medication (Atenol sp?) for a while before running out and summer vacation starting. I saw my family doctor at home now 3 months into summer vacation, and he said my blood pressure is fine. I recently decided to log my blood pressure over the past month. Thus far in the morning it s averaging at 135/79, and at night 136/85. Hypertension starts at 140/90, which it looks like I m just beneath. My family doctor says im in the 95th percentile for my age in blood pressure, but 95 still in the range that it s normal... Should I be getting a third opinion? Could it be higher because of the stress at school? Should I be taking blood pressure meds? I really dont wanna die of a heart attack when I m 35, so advice is appreciated here.

there is a lot of factor about u hbp, family gen, u dad or u mam has hbp too?? or bad diet , u have a hbp for sure and u have to take the atenol for a while in conjunction with a strict diet, try only vegetables, no salt, no sugar, change the white sugar for the brown, no sweets, change the sweets for fruits, no rice, change the rice for steam potatoes, on Saturday and Sunday eat meat white and red, avoid the fish and crab ..ah for sure avoid the coca cola and other sodas, avoid the orange juice and other no natural juices change for natural juices -avoid the sugar-. Avoid the alcohol and dont smoke. Do exercises Monday to Friday if you get tired only Monday to Thursday and rest Friday Saturday and Sunday, with 30 minutes run in the tread mil -4- is enough, and do abs and lift weight. Well i think is not the stress at the school maybe a little bit but for sure is about your body, maybe when u go to the doctor u get a little bit nervous, try to use u own bp machine at the school or in u free time anytime and u can check or usually at the supermarket. But for sure take u meds and keep u diet this is for long time, but dont worry everything is g b OK, u dont need to go to another doc is OK is not the end of the world.

You need to take the advice of your Dr.You are with in normal range but you are still borderline,what they call prehypertntion and you dont want it to get higher than that,you need to keep track of it and take it often it can rise and you not know it thats why they call it the silent killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS