Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Does losing blood increase blood pressure? -

Every time I lose a large quantity of blood, my blood pressure seems to increase dramatically as well. I used to get daily nosebleeds, and my blood pressure was shooting up to the Pre-Hypertension stages. But I got my nose fixed and bleeding is no longer a problem there. But recently, I got some teeth extracted where I lost a good amount of blood. I checked my blood pressure and I was once again in the Pre-Hypertension stages. Normally, my blood pressure is fine. So yeah, my question is.. Is there a correlation between blood loss and blood pressure?

Significant blood loss will bring down blood pressure. A mild blood loss may increase blood pressure due to the anxiety associated.

when our body loses an amount of blood the body senses a drop in the pressure and flow of blood in the cardiovascular system and cause of this the body goes oh crap i m losing blood. What the body tries to do is keep the heart lung and brian having blood supply by vasoconstricting the peripherals and increasing blood pressure to keep the 3 main organs perfused. Now that s the simple answer to your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS