Thursday, February 26, 2009

Epilepsy? Do I Have It? -

Someone help me out... My bp was 200/100. I had a seizure. Do I have epilepsy or did the hypertension get the best of me? I never had a seizure before, I rarely have headches. I m so thrown by this, idk what to do! I know epilepsy is very managable, I have 2 friends who have had it for years. They work full time and they both drive... its virtually unnoticeable. I know because they told me. What should I do? I m scared and confused.

It had to have been hypertension. I have epilepsy myself. Never has my b/p gone sky high like that while having a seizure. I don t have headaches at all I can t ever tell when one is coming on. So not all seizures are associated with headaches people have all different kinds of quot;aurasquot; as doctors call them. Of course it is virturally unnoticable! I have lost my drivers license twice due to this but I don t consider it a set back or anything. I work full time now have a great job, I look at it as I have epilepsy but it doesn t have me! Go to the doctor if you are in any doubt they will run some tests!

possible hypertenision, if you have another one, see a neruologist. asap. my younger brother had them when he was younger. if somebody is timing it, make sure that they dont go over 2 minutes if they do call an ambulance. dont overly stres about it though.

Two days ago my fiance was diagnosed with epilepsy. I am going to assume you went to the hospital for your seizure. They will run an eeg and an ekg where it will run the waves of your brain and see if it is abnormal of a typical person. You will have to meet with a neurologist who will give you the results. Best of luck, medication can completely stop your life, so you have to make sure it doesn t get out of hand. Hopefully you live in a medical marijuana state like we do because it is one of the only known medications of epilepsy that will not stop your life. Your friends are lucky that the medication does not debilitate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS