Wednesday, February 11, 2009

When does heart disease cause poor cerebral perfusion? -

Hi, I ve got some memory problems and some other cognitive issues, along with CHF. My BP is normal (hypertension under control) and my EF is 30% to 35%, depending on who s measuring. With these numbers, is it likely the memory issues are related to poor cerebral perfusion? I take Coreg CR 40 mg and Lisinopril 40 mg. once a day. Coreg lists memory loss as a side effect, but how they parse this from cerebral perfusion I don t know. I m hoping this is what it is, as the other possibilities -- stroke, brain tumor, etc. -- are much scarier. Thanks for any help. And yes, I have seen the neurologist, but haven t gotten test results back yet.

Heart disease does not cause the cerebral problem, they are just two locations both suffering from blockages. Look for a medication that does not affect memory. I switched to Vytorin from Lipitor because of that and muscle fatigue. Still some memory issues, but no strength issues. Adopt a high antioxidant diet, and very low fat. Start a regular exercise program, and read up on Dean Ornish and Richard Flanigan heath programs. Flanigan just published quot;Longevity Made Simplequot;

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS