Saturday, February 14, 2009

What are Keratoconus and corneal transplants? what do they do? I went to the eye doc today. ? -

ok so i m only 15 and have a -9.75 perscription on both eyes w/ astigmatism (SPL?) anyway the doc is afraid i have hypertension. my mom (a doctor) said we are gonna go see my doc. but I was wondering if i do have it, then the doc thinks its affecting my eyes. Is there anything other than treating the hypertension that I can do to reverse or at least calm down my growing perscription. My biggest fear in life is to be blind so any help is appreciated!

If you have keratoconus, it does tend to progress. We fit people in contact lenses (generally rigid gas permeable ones) in order to provide the most stable vision possible. If the condition progresses to the point that scarring occurs, preventing clear vision even with the best contacts, a corneal transplant is considered. I have never heard of a link between keratoconus and hypertension. For more information see: href="rel="nofollow">

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS