Friday, April 17, 2009

Can hyperviscosity syndrome syndrome be caused by a high long term dietary intake of protein? -

I am a 20 year old male and would consider myself fit and active. Recently i have been getting headaches and have had chronic hypertension (usually around 140/90 mmHG). I have had blood tests and urine tests done and the only abnormality was my serum albumin was raised, at just over the upper boundary of the normal range. I would consider my diet to be very healthy however due to my gym use i always take perhaps unnecessary levels of protein. Could this be the reason for my high albumin, leading to hyperviscosity, causing my high blood pressure and headaches? What can i do to stop this?

Do you know what your Albumin reading actually was? There are two types of hypertension, secondary and essential. With secondary hypertension it is generally the result of hormone and/or Kidney problems. People with diabetic kidney disease generally have a raised level of albumin in the urine and kidney disease also causes high blood pressure. Were your globulin and creatinine levels raised too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS