Thursday, April 23, 2009

High blood pressure and pregnancy? -

hiya, im 19 and i have pre existing hypertension. I am currently on the following meds; aspirin amlodipine bendroflumethiazide ramipril methyldopa bisoprolol candesartan labetalol My blood pressure is still not controlled very well usually around 180/120. I also have blood and protein in my urine, and have spent roughly 5 months in hospital in the last year. I have just found out i am pregnant, how will my medical history affect my pregnancy?

You need to contact the Dr who is treating your severe hypertension and let him know because those medications can negatively effect the fetus. They will probably need to admit you. Do they think that you might have a phenocomocytoma? It is a tumour of your adrenal gland that causes severe refractory hypertension. The pregnancy puts you at a higher risk of stroke so I suggest you start making phone calls today

Your pregnancy is at risk because of your high bp. Have a regular monthly check-up with your OB because your belong to a high risk category. You MAYBE belong to pre-eclampsia now and my suggestion is... dont wait till you develop ECLAMPSIA because it is a life-threatening stage and can lead you neurological problem or death. I m not trying to scare you but pregnant women with a very high blood pressure is one of the toxic case in the hospital. Try to regulate your bp by communicating to your OB regularly.

You might have to stop taking some of the meds- lay off the stress but by all means make a dr appt ASAP! There was a whole lot of meds I couldn t take when I went for my appt last week to get in the know on pregnancy. They checked my urine and took my blood and got my history. I didn t pay anything and I have insurance. Go to an ob/gyn and get the facts straight!

I m no doctor but in your condition, I believe that pregnancy will seriously jeopardize your health. Look up pre-eclampsia and eclampsia. Please see a doctor immediately.

the only thing i can think of is the effect all those meds could have on the baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS