Friday, April 17, 2009

ECMO Has anyone ever had an infant that had to go through ECMO? -

My infant almost had ECMO performed, had Persistant Pulmonary Hypertension, was on lifesupport for a week and a half, had the nitrous oxide administered.. Luckily the baby pulled through. I can t image what a parent and baby must have gone through...... My heart goes out to these babies, -barbara

I m glad to hear that your baby is doing better. I have not had a child on ECMO, but i have been on it. I was 26 at the time, I was on ECMO for 13 days(in the hospital for 3 months). I don t remember anything, but the dreams. It s amazing how technology can save lives.

Hi there ecmo girl, I was on the ecmo machine myself last August at auckland hospital. I was placed in an induced coma for 3 weeks and given large doses of morphine. Did you have any nightmares or hallucinations resulting from the morphine? Report Abuse

I was diagnosed with an infection of the heart, although they really have no idea what it was. I woke up unable to move or speak for a considerable period of time due to the infection attacking my muscles and the tracheotomy in my throat. Did you experience the same thing? Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS