Friday, April 24, 2009

Do Stress Headaches mean having High Blood pressure? -

I get headaches often on differnt parts of the head mostly front and sides, sometimes the top. Its been said when you get them like that they re stress headaches. My blood pressure has been a little elevated on ocassions but Its fine for the most part. Sometimes when I don t eat for hours my blood pressure drops and I get headaches and palpitations. My mother has hypertension. I m 34. Often when I get upset or yell I get sudden headaches that feel heavy. Never had migraines. Other times get headaches when I don t eat for hours. I sometimes wake up with a headache. I had a brain scan about 5 years ago. All clear. I always wonder about headaches, high blood pressure and aneurysms, had a friend that died at 40. Any input is appreciated.Thank you.

You hit a lot of subjects in your question. Overall question, stress headaches mean high bp, I d say no. Stress can come from many areas not only the circulatory system. Most of my quot;stressquot; headaches are when my muscles tighten. This can be stress from emotions, heat or extreme cold, extra pressure such as tests in school or projects at work that take extra preparation and make me on the nervous side. Eating right/regularly will help with many headaches. They can be like a warning signal that you aren t taking care of yourself and cause bp, blood sugar etc levels to change making you feel bad in general. Hypertension can be inherited. Mine was low until I was about 30 yo and since then it has been higher (it has had some extreme reasons for being higher also). Not sure if you re saying your friend had a brain aneurysm or one somewhere else, but aortic aneurysms at least now can be treated successfully most of the time but monitoring with regular scans (no more than 2 years) is very important.

wow as i found out this week headaches could be caused by anything. on tues morning i was lifting a lawnmower into the trunk of a car when bam, it felt as if someone walked up behind me and hit me with a hammer. well to make a long story short, by tues afternoon i drove myself to the e.r. and was given a ct scan, which showed nothing, then i was given a spinal tap,which oh by the way you havent lived till you had one of those, and that was negitive, then yeaterday after my doc talked to a neuroligist sent me to the hospital to have a dye injected into me and scanned again, still nothing, and today still have a minor headache so it could be anything or nothing. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS