Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Newly diagnosed pre-diabetes. Need help in diet planning and lifestyle modified.? -

I am newly diagnosed having pre-diabetes. 1. My urine test shows a tress in protein. Is that my condition had affected my kidney? 2. My blood sugar level is always in high site but still in a normal range and my HbA1c result is 5.8 during my last test. I even had done twice oral glucose tolerance test, but the result show that I have glucose impaired. 3. My blood pressure is always difference from time to time. When I am working, the reading is always very high like 170/110mmHg but when I am off, my reading will be very normal like 110/70mmHg. Do someone think I may need to start on any anti hypertension drug? 4. My cholesterol is also in a high site normal range. What can I eat to bring the high level down? I am 88kg now. How can I down size myself in order to gain back my health? I need help in diet and lifestyle modification. Someone who know how to plan it please help me. Thank you in advance.

You have been diagnosed with prediabetes/ borderline diabetes. You have to change your entire lifestyle and have to do diet planning . You have to reprogram yourself, by changing your old habits with the new ones. It will not be a one day task The best advise is to take low calorie high fiber diet, eat fresh fruits and vegetables bananas, dried apricots tomatoes, whole grains are rich in potassium for more information on diabetes related issues visit my free website most important is the walk. walk as much as you can alleast for an hour , 2 hours before bedtime. By simply reprogramming yoourself to the above you can reverse your diabetes control your blood pressure and the cholesterol levels

Drink a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil twice a day. That will dramatically reduce your blood sugar. I can give you a dozen reasons, but you d better google it and find out yourself. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...

always consult your Dr., but ask him about the SOUTHBEACH DIET, it worked pretty good for me and I have kept the weight off...exercise....lots of green beans!!! 1 or 2 % milk....NO EGGS!!...Egg Beaters are excellent subsitutes!...lots of water!!.....ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!

it s good that you re ready to make the changes you need to. i m not sure if your doc would want to start you on a BP drug or not... it depends on what reading they get in their office. however, diabetics often benefit from ACE-inhibitors, a type of BP drug (also used on non-diabetics, it s kidney protective). it could be either BP or diabetes affecting the kidneys, though trace protein could be benign as well. your hemoglobin A1C is good, you want it to be less than 6.5%, the lower the better. as far as diet, i usually tell people that a diabetic diet is kind of like the south beach diet. it s lean protein (chicken, turkey, fish, some ham, lean beef), WHOLE grains (make sure it s the first ingredient), change all your white grains to whole-- like white bread/rice/pasta. you can get whole grain in all of them-- but you have to decrease carbs overall. obviously, low sweets intake. you have to watch fruits too. veggies are good. nuts are good (especially almonds). change to low fat where you can, especially with dairy products. you can use egg whites or maybe 2 egg white for each full egg when making eggs. good luck. :) of course, exercise. it ll help you lose weight, which will help diabetes, cholesterol and BP. start out easy if you re not used to it. start with walking and increase distance or speed or length of time. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS