Monday, April 27, 2009

Depression? -

I am 32 years married woman from past few months i am facing terrible depression and hypertension. I really dont know the causes behind it but i think love and affection is gone completely from my mind because i dont feel like any happiness from small small things also i loose my temper on my kids and even though they do some really nice things sometimes i dont feel like praise them or pamper them. My husband is usually busy with his own business and cant give much of his time. Usually i want everything to be done as per my own wish and if it doen t happens i feel terribly sad and depressed. I am not at all interested in any activities in the home also means first i was very caring and loving person who was totally involve with kids and i was like to take care of them or to fix their favourite dinner but now to make the usual food also bothers me. This was started from 2 years when i was undergone for artheritis treatment now i have chck thyroid which is normal any other test i can do

Speaking from the perspective of another person with depression. What worked me for me initially was physical therapy. The imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain was helped very much by exercise and therapy. Massage therapy helped me very much, as did training, so much that I became a trainer and then a massage therapist. Now I have my own business. I still get down, but I m finally on the right medication and am taking an ACTIVE part in my recovery, instead of waiting for something else to come fix me.

You need to have a long talk with your doctor about the possibility of major depressive disorder (clinical depression), which is a neurochemical disease. You say you don t know the cause. If you do have depressive disorder, it s possible that the cause of how you re feeling is an imbalance of chemicals called neurotransmitters such as serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. If this is what s going on, medication, maybe coupled with some counseling, can put the joy back in your life. Also, in the thyroid, the standard TSH test doesn t always tell the whole story. If there s a history of thyroid disease in your family and/or if you have symptoms of thyroid disorders, be sure they run other thyroid tests too including a FREE T3 and FREE T4. Please talk to your doctor. You don t have to live like this. Help is available.

ever considered the thought of early menopause setting in or mid-life crisis?Talk to your doctor about how you have been feeling and what could be causing this?

You sound classically depressed - some of the symptoms that you describe are pretty normal. quot;Anhedoniaquot; - the feeling that you quot;can t feel goodquot; is pretty normal. Here is my advice- First focus on taking good care of yourself. See if you can keep a good sleep and eating schedule. If you can exercise that can sometimes help too. Clinical depression is often caused by hormonal deficits/imbalances - and restoring that balance is the first step to feeling good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS