Friday, April 24, 2009

Whats your opinion? my bloodpressure is always slightly raised,? -

especially in docs offices (but not always, last reading was good) I had a nosebleed in my sleep and it was very heavy. It stopped, but that afternoon I had a headache and had no paracetamol, so I took asprin...two hours later my nose started to bleed again, and I was hospitalised as it did not stop for 2 days (a posterior bleed) The doc released me and didnt want to put me onto hypertension medication as I had took the asprin and they think this may have contributed, but to be honest it was a posterior bleed in the morning aswell....I know i need to go and get it checked regularly but I cant seem to control my white coat hypertension......:(

Well, no one can tell you anything until you tell us what quot;Slightly raised,quot; means to you.

Hypertension is a disease that a person gets depending on family history, age, diet. Nosebleeds can occur when a patient has high blood pressure and aspirin can act as an anticoagulant. Hypertension can be controlled by eating fruits, vegetables, white meat like chicken, turkey and fish and do exercises to dilate the arteries and let the fast flow of blood push away any dangerous plaque that may line the artery walls. A doctor can suggest what exercises you can do. I am a paramedic and my wife has hypertension and she walks every day and takes Atacand to control hypertension. I was once obese and on New Year s day I began dieting and exercising and I have lost pounds from 230 to 185. 130/80 is the borderline to hypertension. Keep your BP to 120/80 which is normal. I do not know your age. Nor your family history. If you are obese or not...or just plain normal outside but with hypertension. If you diet and execise daily or one day yes and the other no...who knows? Your nose bleeds may stop and the exercises will make you feel good all over. nuff said.

Julius T has given a good answer but I have some observations to make about the history you have given. 1. Please do not take aspirin if you are subject to nose bleeds or if you have any other bleed problems, except under medical advice and supervision. Aspirin is well known to prevent blood from clotting and can cause a small bleed to become a more serious problem - as you have experienced. 2. Blood Pressure can become raised by a variety of things including anxiety and stress. Even visiting the Doctor when you are unwell :-) When you see your Doctor on your next visit. ask if he/ she is concerned by the raised level. If they are unconcerned you have nothing to worry about. Don t panic, I m sure medication to reduce your blood pressure would have been prescribed by now if there was concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS