Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anyone Have The Lap-Band done? -

anyone here have the lap band done at your local bariatrics center? I am considering this but my area hasn t came into their own with it yet. Claim it s coming to our area late fall. Thus gives me time to do my research. I went on the site and read about it but raised more questions than answered. The long term effects was my biggest concern. out of 1700 poeple tested Some they claimed caused hypertension (35.6%), osteoarthritis (57.8%), diabetes (22%), dislipidemia (27.1%), sleep apnea (31.4%), depression (21.2%), hyperuricemia (27.1%), gallstones (8.7%) irregular menstrual cycle (4.9%), heart failure (1.4%), sweet eating (22.5%) and binge eating (18.5%). If this is just a band around the stomach bag, why are these other conditions rising as well from the proceedure?

check out www.obesityresolved.com many people told me the main discomfort was learning the mental concepts of overcoming food addiction, trying to not over eat which will cause vomiting, everyone i interviewed said they would do it again their ages were 24-50 and lost 60-140 lbs in 10-12 months, 4 were married couples,good luck i hope you give it a try

i have no idea what that is. Is it when you make your stomach smaller to lose weight

All these side effects are news to me. My sister had the lap band done. I was supposed to have the bypass, but chickened out at the last minute. Are you sure all those side effects weren t from the gastric bypass? I wanted the band, but my insurance wouldn t pay for it. As far as I know, the possible side effects of the lapband are infection at incision site, then possibly having the band move. Other than that, sometimes her food gets stuck and comes back up on her. They call it sliming, because the stomach produces this slimey substance to push it back up. She says she doesn t get nausious, it just comes back up. She excuses herself, and comes back in a few minutes. Sometimes it s just not a good time for her to eat. She hasn t done very well with losing weight, though, since it is just an aide to losing weight and she hasn t done her part.

Yup Had both gastric in 99 gained 40lbs back then 4-16-07 had the quot;Mid-Bandquot; anothe Brand of yhe Lap-band only avail outside the US. I had it done in Mexico check out www.obesitygoodbye.com it cost me $6,800k US+ the cost of the plane they pick u up at the airport in San Diego ca drive you across do the surgery,1 day in the hospital then home no probs, I just went for an adjustment 4/12/07 stedily losing and fully adjustable when you reach yourgoal weight .any more ?,s E-MAIL ME

I have had the lap-band, best decision off my life. My mother also had the surgery with me -- neither one of us have had any complications most of the complications you name we had before surgery and are gone now after losing the weight the best resource I have found is www,obesityhelp.com -- membership is require and costs nothing -- inside the website are sections for many different kinds of weight loss surgery - just select the one you are interest in - we have a forum, bulletin board, chat rooms are listings of clinics and doctors who preform the surgeries good luck - the initial expense pays off in the long run leslieguelker0517@yahoo.com -- contact me with any further questions

Stupid question: If you can control your eating after the lap band why can t you control your eating before? Stupid question no. 2: Why don t you go out walk and burn calories?

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS