Saturday, June 20, 2009

Teen High Blood Pressure? -

I am a 16 year old athlete who has hypertension. After I went to the dentist about 2 months ago when my blood pressure was 140/104, I have had numerous tests such as EKG, ultrasound, blood, and urine tests but all have came out normal. I was on 25 mg atenolol for about 2 weeks and my BP was usually about 120/75 while I was on it. When I returned to the doctor, the lower number was 85 so she decided to raise my dosage to 50 mg. I have been on it for about a week and have felt very tired and my BP has usually been in the low 100 s and 60 s. I m worried that this is lowering my BP too much. Anyways, when I had an ultrasound done on my kidneys they were normal but one was 1 cm larger. They are performing a test next week to see if there are any blockages to my kidneys. If this is ruled out, they are settling with this being hereditary. I know that I m am VERY young for this to be the case since I am athletic, so I was wondering of any other causes of HBP in teens.

You don t mention about your eating habit. Beside coffee and salt do you some time drink alcohol? Do you eat red meat? How about the quality of your sleep? Do you have enough sleep at night? Just follow the good healthy life style and your BP will naturally get normal. Eat right, sleep right and move your body or exercise right. You are still too young do not depend on medicine. Except during the critical condition. An expert in bio technology who win a Nobel Prize said that the best and the most powerful medicine in the world is healthy nutrition.

well most likely your case may be hereditary. but to read up more on hypertension check out this site. try the link below http://www.beatinghypertension.com/natur...

If you are overweight that s the most common reason.

stress. you worry too much.

Goldblatt s hypertension is a probable common cause. This happens when the kidney is obstructed, so the renin angiotensin system responds by increasing blood pressure. The usual treatment is removal of one of the kidneys. Given your young age, and how high the blood pressure is, it is likely that a tumor or other obstruction is blocking the kidney. Hypertension is also possible, and this runs in families. Hypertension is dangerous because it generally leads to atherosclerosis, especially when it starts early. Turbulence in the medium sized arteries allows for macrophages, platelets, and fatty acids to penetrate into the inner area of the arteries, causing muscle to proliferate. This muscle grows into the lumen of the artery blocking flow and causing atherosclerosis. This is a big problem and ultimately accounts for 58% of deaths in this country. Just do what the doctor says and take your medication.

I have had high blood pressure and have been on medication since I was 17. Mine is hereditary, My Dad died of a heart attack at 51. You sound like you are a very smart kid. Talk to your doctor, and tell her that you think the medicine is lowering your BP to much, she may lower the dosage or put you on something else. It took awhile for my doctor to get mine under control. Hope everything goes well with the tests this week. Hope this answered your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS