Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bloating (water retention) because of liver malfunction? -

HepC is bloating me up again! Please help. I was in the hospital for this a couple years ago....I gained a LOT more than now but I m like 20 pounds more than I was about 2 weeks ago!! This is absurd....everything is quot;tightquot; (skin wise is solid) on me and I m have pitting edema, cirrhosis stage 1, portal hypertension, enlarged spleen and VERY low platelets. I know all about the salt intake thing but what else can I do aside from putting my feet up all day. Help me please. Thanks in advance!

Please go to the doctor...what are you waiting for? You really need to see a professional in person. HepC isn t to be fooled around with. Maybe you need to get some lactulose syrup to help with the blood impurities. I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I have had serious liver problems. This is nothing to wait around with. There is also something called quot;Questranquot; powder which is associated with helping along with the liver issues. Call/go to the doctor ASAP, please.

Is this fluid you are gaining in your abdominal area? If it is, it isn t the same kind of fluid gain that is found in the legs...this fluid is known as third spacing and it goes by the name of quot;Ascitesquot;. The fluid is caused by the fact that the liver isn t able to make a protein known as quot;Albuminquot; which normally would keep the fluid inside the vessels of our body, but because the albumin is now low in the blood...fluid can leak out and into the abdominal area. Here is a link about it. this fluid is making it difficult to breathe or you can no longer get comfortable...there is a procedure that they can do to remove it known as paracentesis. They numb the area, and make a very tiny incision in the abdomen and place a tube in there. The tube is connected to either a bag or a bottle that has a vacuum in it and it will gently pull the fluid from the abdomen and into the bottle. Doctors do not like to do this because any opening in the abdomen can cause bacteria to enter into the fluid remaining there. However, when it comes to the point that it is unbearable, they will do it. You need to get in touch with your doctor that handles your liver problem and let him know this is happening. The diuretics you are on usually help remove the fluid from the legs and is caused by sodium building up in your body...this fluid is known as edema. However, those diuretics are only able to slow down any build up of fluid in your abdominal area, not prevent it altogether. I hope that you will get the care you need, it is very important that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS