Thursday, June 25, 2009

What could be causing my blood pressure to remain high? -

Let s add some background information: *22 year-old-male, normal height and weight *Vegetarian (not vegan) *Don t use tobacco or illegal drugs *Light drinker (2 to 3 per week, no more than 1 every other day) *Anti-depressant medications *Recent cardiac ablation for WPW Any ideas? Primary Hypertension maybe? Checked with the doc about my alcohol use and medications and she said the medications have no effect and I don t drink enough to induce alcohol-related hypertension.

You did mention how much BP we are talking about but if you are really have hypertension you must have proper diagnosis and treatment soon as it is very dangerous on your vessels, kideny, heart and brain to remain hypertesive. you sould know that is not easy to diagnose the cause but you must have patience. Best wishes

My doctor recently told me that just 2 drinks can elevate blood pressure for up to two weeks, so I am abstaining from drinking for a month. I was also sent for tests and I know one of the ones he specifically mentioned was for hyperthyroidism.

do you drink alot of caffeine or energy drinks? it doesn t matter if there the regular kinds or sugar free. i had a problem with slightly elevated blood pressure over that..

salt? stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

>>>

related tag

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS